Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Friday, March 31, 2017

2017 miles Day 90

Friday morning, the last day of March and the 90th day of this 2017 journey.  This morning I read a Facebook post this morning from Tony Garcia as he prepares these last two weeks to run the Boston Marathon.  I want to share it with you.  Pay close attention to "Understand"

This. A whisper from my heart.
Like so many of you, I stand on the very edge of another challenge.
And with only 2 weeks until I head to Boston, there is so much I still need to do.
But, the list of "things to do" may not be exactly what you may think.
I'd like to share my list, in hopes it might help you, as you prepare to face the challenge set before you.
1. Untangle
2. Unpack
3. Unzip
4. Unfold
5. Understand
Untangle. Untangle the past. Understand that as you remain wrapped up in what once was, the used-to-be, that which you cannot change, you are prevented from moving forward.
Unpack. Unpack your fears. Lay them out and take a real good look at them. Ask yourself difficult questions about them. Where were they created? Why do they still take up so much space in your life?
Unzip. Unzip your doubts and excuses. Expose them. Watch as they shrink in the light. You see, they prefer to exist in the darkness. That is where they breathe and grow. That is when they come to life.
Unfold. Unfold your wings. Unfold yourself. So many times, you have played it safe, played small, downplayed your gifts, allowed yourself to be contained. For the past. For your fears. For your excuses. It is time to stop playing small. Unfold yourself.
Understand. Understand, in the end, life is not a checklist. It was never intended to be a list we check off, so we can move on to the next thing. Learn to enjoy the process of unfolding. Allow yourself to be present in the moment. Do not be in such a hurry for what comes next. What is now, matters most.
Go get today. ~G
******************
This 2017 mile journey is not just something you will check off your list as done and done.  This is life changing, this is your time to enjoy the process of unfolding yourself and realize the best You that You can be!  

Now - GET OUT THERE - You have work to do!!!!!!!

******


**Ther

No comments:

Post a Comment