Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Wednesday, March 1, 2017

2017 miles Day 60

The first day of March and the beginning of another challenge:

March
Eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day
Avoid eating Processed Food

There is no doubt that health and nutrition are closely related.  This month my focus will be on making healthy food choices along with keeping up with the January hydration challenge and the February exercise challenge.  I am not a Nutritionist, nor do I claim to be anything but a person concerned with living a healthy lifestyle.  

This month I will be reading:  Dietary Guidelines for Americans:  2015-2020 and sharing it with You.

So - let's get started:  from the introduction of the Dietary Guidelines For Americans:  2015 - 2020 

The bottom line:  Our country is failing the grade when it comes to healthy lifestyle behaviors which include nutritious food and exercise.  When I hear the term "nutritious food" I hear "real food" that doesn't contain preservatives or a lot of processing.  

Starting today, if you haven't been already doing so, read the ingredient label of the food you eat.  My rule of thumb is - if it contains things that I need a degree in chemistry to pronounce, I wonder if I want to put it in my body.  


No comments:

Post a Comment