Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Thursday, March 2, 2017

2017 miles Day 61

Coconut Water???  Really???  What's the big deal???

For a land-locked, nontropical girl, I hadn't heard of it until I had my first taste of this actually-quite-interesting refreshment when visiting my daughter in Salt Lake City last summer.  Yes, it was sorta delicious and refreshing ... kinda expensive ... but so are other flavored waters, sports drinks, etc...  I didn't really think about coconut water again until the other day I was reading an article about the health benefits of coconut water.  More research was needed.  Here are a few articles I found.

The Truth About Coconut Water (WebMd)

Is the Coconut Water Craze  All It's Cracked Up To Be?

This next one from the New York Times was kinda funny...........
Coconut Water Changes It's Claims

Bottom line - water is just as good, and if you need to replenish electrolytes lost include a very inexpensive banana with your glass of water, or a hand-full of nuts.  Interesting how marketing and consumer cravings for the next-new-thing plays so much into what we think is getting/being healthy.

On the other hand, drink what you like.  If you don't like the taste of plain water, you won't drink it resulting in hydro-deficiency.  At the same time, be mindful of what is in that drink of choice..........

Now.................GET OUT THERE!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment