Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Sunday, March 26, 2017

2017 miles Day 85

“Sunday. A day to refuel your soul and be grateful for your blessings. Take a deep breath and relax. Enjoy your family, your friends, and a cup of coffee.”

I don't know about you, but I think Sunday morning is the greatest.  It's my down time, my time to reflect time, my rejoice time, my start the week out right time, my don't have to do anything if I don't want to time,  catch up with Me time ... my quiet time.

Take time for You today.  Even if it is just 5 minutes.  Sit and say "Hi - how ya doin?"  Answer the question truthfully.  If You don't like the answer, ask You - "Why?"  Answer the question truthfully.  If you don't like the reason ask You - "What do I need to change?  What is one thing?"  Write it down.  Take the responsibility to make that change this week.  

Goals for this week will be a repeat of last week and the one thing You wrote down.

  • Running goal:  Log 50 miles (I know I can because I did it before)
  • Nutrition goal:  Continue to eat nutritious meals.  Read food labels and avoid those with added preservatives.  Limit the empty calorie snacks.  (I know I can because I did it before)
  • Exercise goal:  Take 30 minutes a day to exercise my brain and 30 minutes to just sit and enjoy.  I will continue to include weights in my daily exercise. (I know I can because I did it before)
  • Hydration goal:  Continue to make smart beverage choices.  (I know I can because I did it before)
  • And .....  Make that one change

Now - Give You a high five and have a Great Sunday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment