Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Sunday, March 5, 2017

2017 miles Day 64

Going to failure is not the same as failing. For failing is to decide there is no use trying. Going to failure is merely a new place from which to launch yourself. 
~Tony Garcia

Have you ever tried and tried and tried, but you just don't make it.  Your body is tired.  Your mind is trying to push it just a little more and your body says - ENOUGH!!!  This my friend is not failing to accomplish a goal.  There is a difference between failure from not trying and failure after giving it your all.  Recognize this.  Set your bar and today.  Push just a little more.  When your body says - "ENOUGH" - listen to it and tell your mind to take a break.  Then take some time, adjust, and know that you pushed the limit and realize that there is a limit to what the body can do.    

Today is my "long run" day.  It's an "enjoy my run" day.  It's a "listen to my body" day.  It's a "take time" day.  My long run today is scheduled for 9 miles.  If I feel like it, I'll go the extra mile.

Keep it real this week.  
  • Eat your veggies and fruit.  They aren't that bad.  You'd be surprised how easy it is to add them to your day.
  • Eat at least one meal this week that you prepared from scratch - nothing premade out of a box or can or sack.  (This is not as hard as you think.  This week I'll give some ideas)  
  • Read food labels and avoid foods containing ingredients you cannot pronounce.
  • Continue to exercise the trinity of You.  
  • Continue to make good beverage choices.

Now - GET OUT THERE!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment