Running goal: Log 50 miles
- Doubt: are you crazy? that's a lot of miles! you can't do it! when will you find the time? it's going to make you stiff and sore! you might cause an injury!
- Me: I'm not crazy! It's less that 9 miles for 6 days! I CAN do it! I will find the time. It might make me stiff and sore, but I will survive. I will listen to my body and slow down when my body tells me. I ran 44 miles the first week in January, it's only 6 more.
Nutrition goal: Continue to eat nutricious meals. Read food labels and avoid those with added preservatives
- Doubt: that wont work! you like your snacks!
- Me: Yes I will make it work and find natural snacks that don't come in packages.
Exercise goal: Take 30 minutes a day to exercise my brain and 30 minutes to just sit and enjoy. I will continue to include weights in my daily exercise.
- Doubt: that's funny just thinking about it! you can't just sit, you always have to be doing something!
- Me: The funny thing is, since I've been doing some of both already, doing a bit more will be easy.
- Doubt: awe - common - really? thought maybe you'd give in, after all, you have in the past.
- Me: I feel good and don't need it to make me feel good.
Remember that goals are not finish lines
NOW - GET OUT THERE!!!