Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Wednesday, March 29, 2017

2017 miles Day 88

Top of the Morning and Week!  Today's message is from the book,  Wanna Know a Truth, by Tony Garcia, pg 111.

"Luck has a way of evaporating when you lean on it."
~Brandon Mull

I know you face many challenges.  And while I wish for you many things as you set out to face them I will not wish for you luck.

I will not wish for you luck.  I will wish for you faith.
For when you believe, that which you desire shall be realized.

I will not wish for you luck.  I will wish for you trust.
For when you fully trust yourself, impossible is a lie.

I will not wih for you luck.  I will wish for you strength.
For when you find your strength, the obstacles set before you shall disappear.

I will not wish for you luck.  I will wish for you hope.
For when you have hope as your partner, there is always a light on the path.

I will not wish fr you luck.  I will wish for you peace.
For when you allow peace to reign, the worries you hold simply dissolve.

I will not with for you luck, I will wish for you confidence.
For a quiet, steady confidence in yourself will  lead you where you are meant to be.

I will not wish for you luck.
I will wish for you to know you already have everything you need to see you through.

****************************

"Good luck" - How many times have we heard that?  "Good luck on that test", "Good luck in your job interview",  "Good luck in your race today",   "Good luck in surgery today",  "Good luck - you'll need it",  "Good luck ........................."

I've never really understood that seemingly well wish of "Good luck".  It's not luck but your preparation.  It's not luck but your willingness to put in the time and effort to full-fill your dream and reach your goal.  It's not luck but your  faith, trust, strength, hope, peace, and confidence that will pull you through.  To wish me "luck" is to imply that I did not put in the time,  I did not put in the miles, I did not put in the effort, I did not work hard enough.  To wish me "luck" is to imply that my abilities are not important and it is the "luck of the draw", the "luck of the wheel", the "luck of chance" that will make the difference.

Instead of wishing "Good luck",  wish instead "God Speed to you", which basically means "journey well".  To me it means - Go with God - God be with you - Put your trust in God knowing He was there with you as you prepared for your journey.  He was with you as you faced the challenges, obstacles, and cliff edges.  He is with you now.

And so, my friend - God Speed to you!!!

Now  GET OUT THERE - You have work to do!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment