Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Thursday, September 28, 2017

2017 miles Day 268

From Wanna Know a Truth by Tony Garcia, pg 289

September 29, 

It is difficult to soar to your destiny carrying the burden of doubt, impossible to soar to your destiny carrying the burden of fear, but conceivable to soar to your destiny carried by the wings of faith.
~Matshona Dhliwayo

We all have a "something."

What is that something you cannot stop thinking about?
That you once never even imagined?

What is that something you already miss?
That you have never even had?

What is that something you ache for?
That you have never even felt?

What is that something you reach for?
That  you have never even touched?

What is that something you daydream about?
That you have ever even seen?

What is that something that calls your name?
That you have never even spoken to?

What is that something?  It is your destiny.
And you must go to it.  It is waiting patiently for you to arrive.

***********************

Ok - I think this is telling me something this morning.  I've always wanted to pursue a career in art.  I've always wanted to paint and have my art enjoyed on the walls of others - not just on my own walls.  I've always dreamed of having my paintings hanging in a gallery for others to fall in love with and take home.  I've always dreamed of these things, but never thought I was good enough to chase this dream.  I've always wanted ... but never acted.  It's time to change the "always wanted" into "Today I will."

What is your something? 

Now GET OUT THERE ... You have work to do!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment