Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Tuesday, September 26, 2017

2017 miles Day 266

A conversation with Me:

I just got home from subbing for Spanish 1.  I'm tired, but know that I should at least do a two-three mile run.  But, I'm tired ........ so, I think I'll make a cup of tea and relax.  But .... I know that I should at least do a two mile run before relax time.  But, I'm tired ........ so, I think I'll just go take a shower make a cup of tea and relax.  But, I know that I should at least do a two-three mile run before shower time and relax. 

Ok - You win................A two-three mile run, then a shower and relax.

Let me start this conversation over.

I just got home from subbing for Spanish 1.  I'm tired, and I will do a two-three mile run on the treadmill, then take a shower, make a cup of tea, and relax. 

********************

Conversations like this can go on and on.  It's how You end that conversation with You that is the difference between staying motivated and disciplined, and being lazy and slothy.

Now, get up - get moving.  That shower and cup of tea will be waiting for you when you're finished with your run. 



No comments:

Post a Comment