Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Sunday, September 24, 2017

2017 miles Day 264

Happy Sunday!!!  
I read a post from Mr. Tony Garcia this morning.  I am amazed at the dedication, heart, commitment, passion, discipline ........ of this man.  After a grueling workout he did more.  

*****************
This. A whisper from my heart.
Yesterday, coach put us through a savage partner workout.
Wall balls, kettle bell swings, 200m runs, and burpees. I lost count of the number of reps of wall balls and kettle bell swings we individually did. As a team, it was more than 200 reps per movement.
All I know is, for more than 30 minutes, my partner and I didn't stop moving. And I was soaked in sweat and physically exhausted.
But as I have grown to expect. I wasn't done. Coach then wrote my accessory work on the white board. And I picked myself up and got back to work.
As I was continuing to work, I overheard this comment..."So, the guy who finished the workout first is still working out and the rest of us are just standing around."
1. When you think you've given all you can, you can probably give a little more. Be it effort, time, kindness, love
2. When you have a dream, the dream doesn't care what anyone else is doing. It cares if you will do what it takes
3. When your moment comes, you can trust you are prepared, or you can worry that you didn't do enough
4. When you simply aspire to do your best, you are likely inspiring another to do theirs
5. When you allow yourself the freedom to go to failure, you will allow yourself the chance to succeed
6. When you finally come to trust yourself, you will discover this truth: the wall is moveable.
Go get today. ~G

**************************
What is Your wall that You want to move?  It is possible.  It's up to you.

Now, GET OUT THERE ... You have work to do!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment