Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Thursday, September 7, 2017

2017 miles Day 248

YAY!!!  Team Phelps passed 2017 miles in the year 2017!!!  

Does that mean that we're finished?  Our goal has been met so now we can take it easy?  We don't have to work so hard, train so hard, keep running so hard?

NO!

Our target has been passed, but our goal has not been reached.  So the question....  What is the goal?  The answer....  The goal is living life "Full Force".  The goal is living this finite life beautifully and completely.  The goal is living not as a spectator but as a participant.  The goal is knowing that this life lived was lived with honor and grace.  The goal is to continue running, setting, and meeting individual targets.  I personally logged 1032 miles as of today.  My personal target for this year is 1500 miles.  It's not a goal, but a target, something to shoot for.  

It's the 7th of September.  There are only 115 more days in the year 2017.  What are you going to do with these days?  Are you going to push hard and finish this year strong, or are you going to take it easy and just coast through the rest of the year???   

I plan to push hard and finish strong!!!

Now, GET OUT THERE,  You have work to do!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment