Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Saturday, February 25, 2017

2017 miles Day 56

It's a beautiful, sunny, but cold February morning.  I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to start my day.  My chest congestion seems to be subsiding, so will take a crack at a run today and see how it goes.  After taking it easy for four days, I'm feeling antsy to get back at it.

I'm sure we've all heard "Just work through it" or "Don't wimp out just because you have a cold".  However, when your body tells you it needs a bit of a rest because it's sick - Listen To It!!!  Have a cup of hot tea with a bit of lemon, honey, and fresh ginger.  Pull up that comfy blanket and rest.  After a couple of days you'll feel better, you've given your body's defenses time to take care of business, and you're back in the game.

I found an good article posted in Runners World on the subject :

So.............. we'll see how today goes.  

Enjoy your Saturday - Drink in this Beautiful Day!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment