Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Saturday, February 18, 2017

2017 miles Day 49

Today's Reflection from Wanna Know a Truth by Tony Garcia, pg 64

We all have dreams.  But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.
~Jesse Owens

A dream is not built out of doubts.

It is built from hopes.
A dream is not constructed from intentions.
It is constructed through actions
A dream is not achieved by having excuses.
It is achieved by keeping promises.
A dream is not reached by fearing what you think you cannot do.
It is reached by believing in your possibilities.

Are you building your dream?   Or, have you given in to the many excuses that creep in.  Nothing that I am going to say will make much of a difference.  It's the promises you make and keep that will.

I set a goal last week of increasing speed and distance.  I kept my promise to myself that I would do that, and I did.  I did do an 8 mile long run.  I did do a 6 mile run averaging a 9 min mile pace.

I set a goal last week to add a weight lifting program.  I did not keep my promise.  This morning in my conversation with Me we decided that we will keep our promise and add a weight program along with running.  We set a goal of three days a week.

I set a goal last week to spend time every day exercising my mind by practicing piano and violin.  I admit that I did not keep my promise.  My violin is still waiting patiently in the corner - waiting patiently for me to cut out the excuses.

I set a goal last week to spend time every morning and every evening having a 5 min conversation with Me.  I did keep my promise, and found that it gets easier and easier each time.  In my conversation with Me, I always end with a compliment and a hug.

I set a goal last month to hydrate and make good beverage choices - eliminate soda and alcohol.  I have kept my promise.

By setting goals and keeping my promises to Me I will achieve my dream.  I will not let excuses get in my way.

Now ----- Get Out There!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment