Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Thursday, February 2, 2017

2017 miles Day 33

Thursday Inspiration
Today's inspiration comes from the book:  Wanna Know a Truth?  A Simple Man's Search for the Truths in His Life by Tony Garcia -  runner, author, poet, teacher, coach, mentor, philosopher  pg 42


February 2,
This is the art of courage:  to see things as they are and still believe that the victory lies not with those who avoid the bad, but those who taste, in living awareness, every drop of the good.
~ Victoria Lincoln

I am unaware of where this day shall lead me,
And yet I walk unafraid.
For I hold hope and grace as my closest companions,
And they shall not lead me astray.

I am unaware of what this day shall bring me,
And yet I go forth with open arms.
For I hold gratitude and peace in my heart,
And they shall allow me to accept come what may.

I am unaware of when this day shall test me,
And yet I do not fear failure.
For I hold strength and courage as trughs in my story.
And they shall not fail me.

Although I know not of this day, I am aware of who I am,
And this shall see me through.


*****

I've tagged this page and will read it often.  Hope, Grace, Gratitude, Peace, Strength, and Courage are my companions and I will hold them close to my heart as I continue this 2017 journey.  



No comments:

Post a Comment