Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Monday, February 20, 2017

2017 miles Day 51

If you are persistent, you will get it.
If you are consistent, you will keep it.
~motivation Monday quote~

At the beginning of this year You set your sights on a goal.  You wrote it down.  Every week You took a look at Your progress.  You made adjustments.  You are now well on Your way, but You have a long way to go on this journey.  Keep focused.  You persisted in keeping up with the January challenge. You persisted in keeping up with the February challenge.  Now the key is to continue to be consistent.

You've head the old saying;  "Practice makes perfect."  My mom had a different take.  She would tell me "Practice makes permanent."  If You continue to practice the same mistakes they become a permanent part of You.  When You practice differently, with consistency and with determination to change, those changes become a permanent part of You.  The past is still there, You know that.  But now, when You come to that "phrase in the music", that "tough part of the path", You have consistently practiced differently and You are different.

This practice thing isn't easy, but with consistency it will become second nature.  It's up to You to keep focused, keep persistent, and be consistent.

Now .... GET OUT THERE - You have work to do!!!!!


I wrote down my practice schedule for this week and thought I'd share:

  • Stay hydrated and make good beverage choices
  • Include weight training in my daily exercise 3 days this week.
  • Run 4 miles Mon, Wed, Fri at a pace of 9:30 min/mile
  • Run 6 miles Tues and Thurs at a pace of 9:45 min/mile 
  • Run at or below a 10 min mile pace on my long run of 9 miles.
  • Practice my violin at least 30 min four days this week
  • Continue to have my morning and evening conversations with Me.
  • Be OK with having to make adjustments to my practice schedule when Life needs Me to do so.


No comments:

Post a Comment