Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Sunday, February 5, 2017

2017 miles Day 36

Happy Sunday!!!
How was your week?  Did you meet the goals you set for You in the first 4 days of February?   I didn't realize how difficult it really was for me to exercise the trinity - the physical, cognitive, and emotional pieces that fit together to make up the essence of who I am.  Like I said, the physical and cognitive were not as difficult as the emotional.  Remember, a goal is not a finish line. A goal is a step, not an end.

Let's continue our focus on exercising our trinity.  Set the goals for the week depending on how and what You want to accomplish.  Here is what I'm setting as my goals.
  • Physically:  Increase my speed.  I currently average 60 min  for 6 miles.  I will increase my speed and run 6 miles under 60 minutes. 
  • Cognitively:  Practice piano and violin at least 30 minutes every day and read a poem every day.
  • Emotionally:  Have a 5 minute talk with myself when I get up and before I go to bed just to check in and see how I'm doin.  Reflect on words that reverberate through my soul.  Are these words positive?  negative?  Identify the negative and remove them.  (sure - easy to say, but hard to do .... hard, but not impossible)
  • Hydration:  Continue drinking the recommended amount of water for me based on my physical activity that day.  Research drink alternatives.  Continue limiting alcohol and soda consumption to one or none - preferably none.  Truthfully, this has been easier than I thought - no soda or alcohol the month of January and will continue through the month of February. And I love how I feel.

Here is a bit of motivational inspiration from a true Warrior Poet - Tony Garcia, author of Wanna know a Truth?


This. A whisper from my heart.
They may whisper
"You cannot do this"
It does not make it so
They may scream
"You are not worthy"
It does not make it so
They may speak without words
"You do not belong"
It does not make it so
They make echo your past
"You will not succeed"
It does not make it so
They may question you
"Do you really believe you can fly?"
It does not make it so
The only words you need hear
I can. I am. I do. I will. I believe.
Now make it so. ~G

Enjoy your Sunday!!!  Remember that You are FABULATASTIC!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment