Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Thursday, February 16, 2017

2017 miles Day 47

This morning's meditation - yes it is............................. Enjoy your day!!!


"Some of you young folks been saying to me
" Hey Pops, what you mean 'What a wonderful world'?

How about all them wars all over the place?
You call them wonderful?

And how about hunger and pollution?
That ain't so wonderful either."

Well how about listening to old Pops for a minute.
Seems to me, it aint the world that's so bad
but what we're doin' to it.

And all I'm saying is see what a wonderful world
It would be if only we'd give it a chance.
Love baby, love. That's the secret, yeah.
If lots more of us loved each other
we'd solve lots more problems.
And then this world would be gasser.

That's wha' ol' Pops keeps saying."

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom, for me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

I see skies of blue, and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, dark sacred night
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces, of people going by
I see friends shaking hands, sayin', "How do you do?"
They're really sayin', "I love you"

I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow
They'll learn much more, than I'll ever know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Yes, I think to myself
What a wonderful world
Oh yeah!


I reread the words of Louis Armstrong.  What a Wonderful World - Is this an unrealistic view?  There is no denying that there is poverty, there is pollution, war, hatred, greed,  ... and the list goes on and on............. Mr. Armstrong said, "It's not the world, but what we're doing to it".   He is absolutely right.  What am I doing?  To make a change we all have to take a look in the mirror and make the change in the reflection we see.   To make this world a better place we have to start with the man in the mirror.


Please slow down, make an effort to be that beautiful moment in someone's life. Today and everyday.  Extend your hand to help  not hurt.

Now - Get Out There!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment