Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Wednesday, February 15, 2017

2017 miles Day 46

Top of the Morning!!!

Pleased to report that I did make my goal of running 6 miles under 60 minutes!!!  This week I'm continuing to work on my goals from last week;  Increase speed and distance, cognitively exercise my brain by practicing music, and have that heart-to-heart talk with myself each morning when I wake up, and each night before I go to bed.

The January hydration challenge is now a regular part of life.  Keep hydrated by drinking refreshing beverages such as fresh fruit infused water (I like strawberry and lemon), ginger kombucha, unsweetened tea etc. and limit soda drinking and alcohol consumption to one or none a week.  (I've chosen the none route.  After 2 months, it has become a lot easier to make different beverage choices - even when going out on the town.  I put a smiley face on my running calendar when my beverage choice of the day did not include soda or alcohol.) Yay for me!!!

Reposting this from Tony Garcia - originally posted Feb 14th on his Facebook page,  CoachGForce  I printed it off and taped inside my bathroom mirror door.  So - every morning I can open the door, look in the mirror and read this as a message to me.

This. A whisper from my heart.
This. A love letter. From you. To you.
Write your name on the two blank lines.
Then quietly read it to yourself.
Dear __________,
I love you.
I love all the things about you that you wish were different.
I love your scars, for they show how you grew into a fighter.
I love your perceived imperfections, for they make you so real.
I love your story, for it speaks of how you became you.
I love all the things about you that you try so hard to hide.
I love your light, for no one else shines the brilliant colors of you.
I love your weakness, for within the fragile moments you have shown how strong you truly are.
I love your wounded heart, for no matter how you are hurting, you are still a source of love.
I love all the things about you that never want to speak of.
I love your gifts, for you have given so much, even when you believed you had nothing left to offer.
I love your magic, for you have shone through the darkness, risen from the falls, moved the mountain placed before you.
I love your beautiful, worthy, amazing self, for in all the world, no other was created to be simply you.
I love all the things about you.
Unapologetically.
Unconditionally.
Unwavering.
I love you.
Love,  ________________________________
  
***************************************************************************

Now Get Out There and Enjoy your day!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment