Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Friday, July 28, 2017

2017 miles Day 207

Feelings, difficult little monsters - aren't they?  You put forth the extra effort, You sacrificed, You went the extra mile, You made sure You dotted all your i's and crossed all your t's, You left no stone unturned,  You know that things don't happen by themselves and You were instrumental in getting them done ... Then - wham!  Your feelings are hurt.  You don't get the recognition, the applause, the simple "thank you - I couldn't have done this without you" message that your heart wanted to hear.  Just those two simple words ... "thank you".  You drop little hints which are not picked up.  You send subtle messages that are not heard, and your feelings are hurt even more.  And another thing, being reprimanded for even dropping those little hints.  You feel devalued, defeated, dejected.  And, to top it all off, someone who wasn't even in the trenches doing the work is given the honors.  The "most important person award".

It hurts................................  Feelings, those difficult little monsters..........................

It's easy to just say;  "Get over it."  "Move on."  "What's the big deal?"  Sure, it's easy to say and yet, very hard to do.  Those Feelings get in the way.  We find strategies to hide them, to put them away, to vulcanize them, but they are still there.  It's part of being human.  We find strategies to escape them, sabotage them, lock them up, but they are still there.  It's part of being human.

I am human.  I accept that I have feelings.  I accept the fact that these feelings will get hurt, mangled, mashed, ignored, devalued, and pushed aside.  It's part of being ...................... human.  I will not let those little monsters dictate who I am and who I want to be.  I will live today, and not dwell on yesterday.  I will live one day at a time, and enjoy each moment at a time, accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.

Enjoy Your Day!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment