Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Saturday, July 8, 2017

2017 miles Day 187

Today's message is from Tony Garcia:  This. A whisper from my heart.

The hard truth is that not everything you want, need or desire is possible to achieve.
Despite what you may have been told or what you believe, somethings are simply impossible. That is the bad news.
The good news? Once you understand and recognize what "impossibles" you are constantly trying to achieve, you can begin to make changes.
Changes which will ultimately lead to you successfully having all you want or need.
Here is what I call the "Impossible List"
1. Seeing the positive by always focusing on the negative
2. Building yourself up by constantly tearing yourself down
3. Making progress while making excuses
4. Becoming you by pretending to be someone or something you are not
5. Living and loving today by holding on to yesterday or worrying about tomorrow
6. Finding peace while holding on to regret, hurt, anger
7. Attaining happiness by waiting for someone else to be the source of it
8. Truly loving another without completely loving yourself
9. Having what you want while still believing you are not worthy
10. Achieving your dreams by simply hoping and wishing
I suspect there are more impossibles I could add to the list. And yet, for many of us, there is at least one item on this list for us to focus on.
And, my wish for you, is now that you understand what is impossible, you will stop investing time and energy in those.
And that you begin to construct everything that is possible. ~G

***************************************************************

Enjoy your weekend.  Make today a "Get-to" kinda day full of possibilities!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment