Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Friday, July 14, 2017

2017 miles Day 193

I've started training for another half-marathon.  I'm feeling confident that it'll be a good race.  The date is September 30th, so have a lot of time to prepare.  I ran it last year, and did ok.  This year I'm expecting a much better time.  I have a good foundation, had a couple of relaxing easy weeks after the Colfax half, and now it's time to hit the road.

To start your day, I'm sharing last evening's post from Mr. Tony Garcia.
Before you bring this day to a close just a thought to rest your dreams upon.
Love does not suck. Ever.
Love gently breathes color, life, hope into the empty pieces of you. Always.

Love does not leave. Ever.
Love remains through the trials, stumbles, difficult pieces of you. Always.
Love does not scar. Ever.
Love heals, soothes, stitches together the broken pieces of you. Always.
Love does not raise its voice. Ever.
Love softly whispers, quietly speaks amid the screaming pieces of you. Always.
Love does not rage. Ever.
Love calms, brings peace, adds serenity to the turbulent pieces of you. Always.
Love does not ghost. Ever.
Love stays close, remains visible, is a presence within the haunted pieces of you. Always.
Love does not judge. Ever.
Love welcomes, accepts, loves all the pieces of you. Always.
Love does not. If it does. It is not love.
Love, Me 
***********************************

Now, GET OUT THERE.  You have work to do!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment