Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Sunday, July 2, 2017

2017 miles Day 181

Started working on a painting commission for a cousin.  She recently retired and wanted a piece to reflect her new life of following a path not often taken.  Here is my progress so far.  The sky is just about finished with the exception of some sun rays coming down from the top left illuminating the path.  Also need to add native plants and grasses to the foreground - maybe some yucca on the bottom right for balance.....???


There is a place like this not far from my house.  I've run there a couple of times, but the fear of rattlesnakes has kept me away during the warm weeks of summer.  It's a beautiful - see nothing forever kinda place.  There isn't much obscuring the landscape.

Enjoy your week.  Make a list of your get-to-dos.  Include a run/walk every day.  It doesn't have to be long, but at least 20 minutes.  Also include on your list something special that You will do for You.

Have a Spectacular Sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment