Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Friday, July 7, 2017

2017 miles Day 186

A message from Tony Garcia to start your day from his book, Wanna Know a Truth, pg 264

Don't sweat the small stuff ... and it's all small stuff.
~ Richard Carlson

If I am to sweat, it shall not be over the small stuff.

The pettiness of that which will not matter come day's end.

The minor details soon lost, for they truly mattered not.

Effort focused there does not honor the size of my dreams.

If I am to sweat, it shall not be over what I cannot change or control.

The actions, attitudes, and words of others.

My yesterdays and my tomorrows.

Energy spent there is but wasted.

If I am to sweat, it shall not be out of fear.

Fear produces little movement, little change, little opportunity for growth.

Time given my fears is time not well spent.

If I am to sweat, it shall be in pursuit of a dream.

It shall be for the hard work of changing old habits.

It shall be for finding the courage to take the leap.

**********************************************************

I like this message a lot.  How many times do you hear, "Don't sweat the small stuff."  And, how many times do you actually take in what that actually means.  So many times I find myself sweating over minor details.  In a painting for instance, I'll spend hours fiddling with minor details that are lost when you step away and look from a distance.  Minor details, though nice, are just that - minor.  Don't waste time over them.  So many times I find myself sweating over the should have, could have, would haves, instead of focusing on my can and will.

Today - "Don't sweat the small stuff ... and it's all small stuff."  In the end, what will it matter?  Focus instead on a better You. 

Remember, today is another 5 mile day, so..............................
GET OUT THERE - You have work to do!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment