Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Monday, July 10, 2017

2017 miles Day 189

Took yesterday off, and today my knee feels 100%.  Think that was a smart move.  Listen to your body.  If you push too hard, push through the pain, push beyond what your body can handle, you will risk a more serious injury.  I know this sounds counter to what you may hear, but for me it's better to be a healthy runner than a stuck-on-the-couch-because-I was-stupid injured runner.

So, today is going to be a shorter run.  I know I set a goal for running 5 miles every day this month.  I'll try to keep that, but know that if necessary I will modify.

Today's message from Mr. Tony Garcia

This. A whisper from my heart.
This. Your pep talk.

Have your fears
Have your doubts
Have your excuses
Have a way to rise above them
Have a goal
Have a vision
Have a dream
Have a plan to reach them
Have a letdown
Have a meltdown
Have a breakdown
Have a moment and get over it
Have a good day
Have a great day
Have a fabulous day
Have gratitude for having another day
Have faith
Have hope
Have belief
Have the courage to hold these always
Have a cause
Have a reason
Have a motivation
Have the discipline to live up to it
Have light
Have laughter
Have love
Have an understanding, these are a choice
You've just been pep talked.
Go get today. ~G

No comments:

Post a Comment