Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Wednesday, January 18, 2017

2017 miles Day 18

Found this quote by an anonymous author this morning.  Thought it was pretty good and wanted to share.
   
"If it won't matter in 5 years, don't spend more than 5 minutes getting angry about it".  

That makes total sense.  How many times have I stewed about something and in the end my stew was nothing than a wast of time and emotions that could have been directed elsewhere.  Anger is a poison that creeps into your soul.  It includes the "Should-a", "Would-a", "Could-a" sisters.  These girls know how to manipulate and make life miserable.  SEND THEM PACKING!!!

Running does that for me - I work out the anger and self doubt in about the first 5 minutes, then transition to positive self talk.  I believe that running is synonymous to meditation.  Both are healing for the soul.

Enjoy you day!

No comments:

Post a Comment