Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Sunday, January 22, 2017

2017 miles Day 22

Sunday and the start of a Brand New Week.

Challenges are just exactly that - a challenge.  You can quit now and not look forward.  You can quit now - no harm no foul.  You can quit now and stay in that same slump that you've been in.  You can quit now and and be satisfied with the thought that you tried.  You can quit now and go back to those same comfortable couch routines. You can quit now - it's too hard, too far, too much time, too much ________ (fill in the blank).  OR you can lace up those shoes, put on your game face and "just do it"... Thanks Nike for that quote.

Reflect on these past three weeks.  Check in with the most important person in your life - YOU.  How are YOU doing?  Look in the mirror and give yourself a big hug.  Set a goal for yourself.  What is one thing that you want to accomplish this week?  Make a commitment - shake on it.

A great quote from Vince Lombardi:  "The man on the top of the mountain didn't fall there."  

My goal for this week is 40 miles ... YES I CAN!!!

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment