Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Friday, January 27, 2017

2017 miles Day 27




Posting this video for a Fabulous Friday Inspiration.  

The first time I saw this video (2 years ago) I said - THAT'S ME!!!  I am living the life I want to live.  I run because I want to.  I run because I can.  I run because I like how it makes me feel.  I run because it gets my heart pumping life blood through my body.  I use that towel to wipe the sweat off my face.  I feel good.

A memory from many years ago:  After a particularly tough day of high school and the words 'buffalo butt' and 'thunder thighs' running through my head, my Mom said something that stuck with me to this day.  She said:  "Sheila, you are a woman and you have thighs and hips.  Celebrate Them!!!"  Aren't moms the greatest....................

And so, I do celebrate the fact that I am a woman.  I do have thighs and hips that don't fit into skinny jeans and that's ok.  There is no one-size-fits-all body type and that would be sad if that were true.

So get out there and .............Get your "jiggle" on!!!


1 comment:

  1. My jiggle's definitely on, as I was reminded by Xander (who's 3) that I'm "squishy." Love this video, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete