Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Sunday, January 29, 2017

2017 miles Day 29

It's OK to push the reset button...

It's Sunday and the beginning of a new week.  You made the commitment to increase your physical activity - and started - but life got in the way... job, family, illness, injury, vacation, and the list goes on and on.  You may have started to question if all this hard work is worth it.  The newness has worn off and now you're feeling the "grind".  The excitement you felt four weeks ago is waning.  The "I can't wait" feelings turn into "Do I have to".  You miss a few days, lose interest, feel like you lost the race so why bother.  Old habits start creeping back..............

The best way to get something done is to begin.  Sometimes you have several begin-agains to get done what you originally set out to do.  It's OK to push the reset button - and begin again.  The important thing is that you are willing to do so!

Choose a goal for this week.  Make a commitment and shake on it.

NOW is your time to BEGIN!
It's OK to push the reset button...


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment