Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Tuesday, January 10, 2017

2017 miles Day 10

I grew up drinking tap water, and my primary source of water for the past 30+ years has been well water.  The well is cased down to 165 feet  and tastes delicious.  A lot of people I know depend on bottled water as their primary source.  I have been wondering if bottled water is really healthier than just plain ol' tap water.  One thing I know for sure is that tap water is a WHOLE LOT CHEAPER than bottled. 

I did some research, and here are my findings.  In most cases, tap water is a safe source of water for human consumption.  City water is regulated and checked frequently for contaminants.  One drawback is the chlorine used to treat city water.  It doesn't taste very good straight from the tap.  Using a quality filter system removes the chlorine etc... found in city water.  An alternative to an expensive filter system is to let the water set for 24 hours.  The chlorine will naturally dissipate and have a better taste. 

Also, there is the question about all those plastic bottles.  Which is a topic of discussion later.  My personal opinion is if you have a safe source of tap water - that's the best and save the bottled water for emergencies.

Bottled Water vs Tap Water

Why Tap Water is Better than Bottled Water

Bottled Water:  Illusions of Purity



No comments:

Post a Comment