Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Monday, January 23, 2017

2017 miles Day 23

It was a sunny 45 degrees this noon and no wind, so decided to head out the door instead of the treadmill today.  There is nothing like the feel of cool fresh air on your face and the sound of feet on the road - it was beautiful.   I set my goal for today of six miles and stuck to it.  I ran the first four miles feeling strong.  Should I continue for another two?  Hey, why not?  And so I did.  I didn't let that little voice that wanted me to just end at four miles take over.  I get it when they say that running is not just physical it is also a mental game you play in your head.   I'm happy to say that I was able to complete today's six miles in 59 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment