Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Tuesday, October 10, 2017

2017 miles Day 280

What is on your list of "get-to-dos" today?  

After last night's freeze, I'm afraid this year's gardening season has come to an end.  We had some lovely weather, and now it's time to say goodbye to summer.  I think the garden was pretty successful this year.  I had a couple of fails - cantaloupe was blah, cucumbers didn't grow, and found out snow peas just aren't my thing.  Other than that - potatoes were good, beans were fantastic, tomatoes and peppers did well, the onions and radishes were very nice, and the pumpkins and squash also did well.  As far as fruit goes - I was very pleased with the peaches and apples. 

On my "get-to-do" list today - I'm working on a painting and hope to have it finished by the end of the week, dry some more apples, and go for a treadmill run.   Other than that, not much on my list.

Enjoy your day, and...........  GET OUT THERE ....  You have work to do!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment