Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Tuesday, October 3, 2017

2017 miles Day 273

This month is dedicated to ........

October
Learn a new word every day (or at least once a week)


Don't forget to occasionally use that word in conversation

Found this on dictionary.com this morning.  I'm definitely going to have to learn these words for sure.


***************

On a running note:  I signed up for the October 21, 2017 South Jordan, Utah, half-marathon.  The nice thing is that the start is only 6 miles from my daughter's house.  This is a relatively flat course with mostly a downhill slope.  My strategy for the next 19 days.

1.  Make smart beverage and food choices.  Stay hydrated
2.  Focus on speed.  Today I ran 4 miles with an average pace of 8:42.  I felt great after
3.  Focus on distance.  Long run this week of 14 miles scheduled for Saturday 
4.  Stay focused on the race.  I don't want to sabotage it in any way.  Know my limits.

Now, GET OUT THERE ... You have work to do!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment