Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Monday, October 9, 2017

2017 miles Day 279

Happy Monday!!!

We had our first snow of the season.  I am guessing around 3-4 inches.  Yesterday we picked the last of the garden produce that we knew wouldn't fair well with a freeze.  Also picked about 6 bushels of apples.  I think today is going to be a day spent sorting, juicing, drying, applesauce making etc.

I'm looking out my window at a blanket of newly fallen snow and more falling.  Perched on the weather rock is what I think is a little prairie falcon.  He looks kinda cold, but I'm sure he isn't.  The humming bird I saw yesterday - now, that may be a different story.  I hope he found some place warm to hunker down today.  

I have two weeks until the SoJo half-marathon.  This week is going to have to be on the treadmill, and that's ok.  I don't mind.  I'm not going to make a schedule, but make sure I can get in a couple of long runs this week.


A morning prayer.  By Mr. Tony Garcia

May I take the tools I have been given to build a better little corner of my world.
May I use the gifts I have been given to make the day brighter for another.
May I remain present enough to count the grand blessings in my life instead of adding up the minor problems which might arise.
May I patiently wait my turn as the day unfolds so others will not feel hurried or rushed.
May I not cross paths with another without leaving them in a better place for having shared time with me.
May I share the hope and love that exists in my heart so others may feel this in their day.
May I choose to walk forward this day, even if my steps are small, slow, clumsy, or heavy.
May I face the day full of wonder, willing to grow, accepting of what it brings, and ever grateful for the breaths it affords me.
May I do all this knowing I am cared about, watched over, surrounded by and filled with love.

Amen.  

Now GET OUT THERE ... You have work to do!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment