Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Thursday, April 27, 2017

2017 miles Day 116

Sitting here wondering where this day went.....  I did get in a solid 7 mile run in this morning, baked a loaf of home-ground wheat bread and started a batch of yogurt, and had some relax time for Me.

It started to rain this afternoon.  A nice, gentle, bringer of memories kind of rain.  A rain that you remember as a child playing in the attic on a day such as this - too wet and chilly to go outside.  A rain that spattered on the window and obscured the view of the outside world.   A rain that you heard on the roof as you tried on formal gowns from long forgotten dances, proms, weddings, special events of years long past, pretending to be a beautiful princess in a huge castle ... dreaming of the day you would get to dress up for real and not just for pretend, sipping pretend tea with the obligatory pinkie finger extended, from pretend cups, balanced so elegantly on pretend saucers, and eating pretend tea cakes.  What fun we had, and what fun I had again remembering the memories .. a gift from this bringer of memories kind of rain.

And so, I wish you good-night, and God Bless ................


No comments:

Post a Comment