Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Wednesday, April 19, 2017

2017 miles Day 109

What do You get to do today? 
I have several things on my list.....  

We are in the process of revamping the garden and putting in raised beds with soaker hoses - have two more 10' x 4' beds to build.  We tore down a redwood deck a couple of years ago, so will be using that lumber.  That, along with edging the lawn sums up my garden day.  

Today will also be another longer speed run day.  My goal is 6 miles at a 8:35 min/mile pace with another 4 at a 10 min/mile pace, for a total of 10 miles.  At this point, I'm confident that I can do this.  My ultimate goal is to be able to run a half-marathon in 2 hrs. I know I can do it!!!  We'll see in about a month at the Denver Colfax half-marathon on May  21st.  

Tony Garcia posted this yesterday after running the Boston Marathon Monday.  Had to share.

This. A whisper from my heart.
When you trust your path.
When you find inner peace.
When you know your truth.
When you walk with faith.
When you come to know joy.
When you express gratitude.
When you no longer fear.
When you learn the lessons.
When you fully shine your light.
When you achieve a dream.
When you embrace who you are.
When you love the life you are living.
It will show. ~G
********************************************
From the smile on his face in the pic he also posted, you could see that he definitely loves the life he is living.  As You journey through this day:   Embrace who You are...  Live Your dream...  Live without fear...  Find Your peace... Shine Your light...  

Now, GET OUT THERE - You have work to do!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment