Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Thursday, April 13, 2017

2017 miles Day 103

From the book:  Wanna Know a Truth? by Tony Garcia pg 127

If you wouldn't say those things to someone else you love, why are you saying them to yourself?
~Elaina Marie

Someone once glanced at my body and said, "You should be ashamed."

I felt shame.

Someone once looked into my eyes and said, "You are not beautiful."

And I could not see my beauty.

Someone once spoke of my aspirations and said, "You will never amount to much."

And I believed.

Someone once laughed at my dreams and said, "You are foolish to believe."

And I no longer dreamed.

Someone once crept inside my thoughts and said, "You should be afraid."

And I was fearful.

Someone once talked to my heart and said, "You are not worthy of love."

And I was never good enough.

Someone once too measure of my life and said, "You are simply a failure."

And I lived up to this.

Someone was me.  Once.  These were my words.  Once.  But nevermore.

For I no longer give myself permission to speak this way.

Words I would not speak to another.

Words that do not serve my good.

Words so unloving.

Words that are not my truth.


****************************************

This piece has a very powerful message.  Words can lift  up ... Words can tear down.  Words can spark an idea ... Words can crush a dream.  Words can make the seemingly impossible, possible ... Words can make a small task, mountainous.  Words are not always spoken aloud ... Words are whispered, Words are screamed, Words - from our facial expressions, body postures, eye-rolling .........

What words do You use?  What words do You hear?  What words ... ???  

Do not give Yourself permission to speak the words of shame, fear, self doubt, failure..... to yourself or to others.  These words are NOT YOUR TRUTH!!!

Yesterday I committed to running 20 miles these next two days.  I will speak the words of strength, courage, and believe that I will accomplish this task.  How do I know?  Because I said so...  that's why.
Now - GET OUT THERE, You have work to do!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment