Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Wednesday, April 12, 2017

2017 miles Day 102

I really didn't want to run today.  Do You ever have days like that?  Instead of the "I get to" feeling, I had the "I have to" feeling.   It was very tempting to sit this one out, but I laced up my shoes and went.  The first half mile was just like I expected - drudgery.  I was very temped to turn around, but I didn't.   After mile one I decided to go one more mile, and I did.  By mile three I found my groove and mile four and five felt great and a wash of sheer pleasure took over as I neared the end of mile six.  My feet felt like dancing, and so I did - instead of the regular cool down and stretch.

Would I have felt guilty for not going for my run today?  Probably not.  Would I have experienced the joy of today's run if I hadn't gone?   The answer to that is - No.  I'm glad I chose to run today.  The next time I'm faced with the "have to" feeling, I will remember today and change my attitude to I "get to"

I am now 20 miles away from the 500 mile marker of my goal of running 2017 miles this year.  I want to reach this 500  mile marker by the end of this week.  Will I do it?  You bet I will!!!

And so - Good night, sleep well, and be ready to face tomorrow with a smile!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment