Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Wednesday, May 31, 2017

2017 miles Day 150


Today's Message:  A note from Tony Garcia

For a child. For your child. For the child in you.
As a parent and teacher, I get asked a lot of questions and for a lot of things.
If I could speak to the children, here are the most important things I would tell them to ask.
1. Ask for what you need more than for what you want: Learn the difference.
2. Ask to earn what you want: Expect no handouts. Do the hard work.
3. Ask for a chance to make amends: You will mess up. You will make mistakes. Make it right.
4. Ask for forgiveness: See #3
5. Ask "what can I do to help"?: If you simply approached problems from this perspective, much is solved
6. Ask for help when needed: This is not weakness. We all need help from others from time to time.
7. Ask to be respected, not liked: Being popular is fleeting. It depends on the whims of others. Being respected is foundational. It depends on the actions of you.
8. Ask to be challenged: Not by others, but by yourself. Raise your own bar.
9. Ask not for easy but for strength: The easy path rarely takes you where you need to go. Strength allows you to travel any road.
10. Ask "how can I make a difference?": It is your one true purpose. ~G

************************************

Excellent message - I especially like #2, though all hit the mark.  Live life exceptionally.

I've picked over 100 lbs of asparagus so far.  Today I'm get to pickle some for winter enjoyment.  Also on the plan today is an 8 mile run.   What a beautiful morning.  Make the best of today!!!

Now, GET OUT THERE - You have work to do.....


No comments:

Post a Comment