Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Thursday, May 4, 2017

2017 miles Day 123

May the 4th be with you!!!  

Ok, just couldn't help myself........  Actually, music composed by John Williams is a great addition to my running play list.

I'm 17 days away from running the Denver Colfax half-marathon.  I have a goal of running it 2 hrs, 10 minutes.   (10 min/mile avg pace)  These next two weeks I will focus on the long runs to make sure I don't die at mile 10.  
Here is my plan for the rest of the week:
  • Yesterday was a 6 mile run at just under a 10 min mile pace.  
  • Today I'm planning a 10 mile run at an easier pace.  
  • Friday will be a 6 mile run again under a 10 min mile pace. 
  • Saturday, a 12-14 mile run at an easier pace (to prove to myself I can)
  • Sunday will be a rest day.
  • And every day remember to hydrate, make smart beverage choices, eat nutritious food, not junk, take time for Me, exercise my trinity, enjoy and dance to the music of life.
That is my plan.  I wrote it down.   What's Your plan?  What do You get to do today?

Now .... GET OUT THERE, You have work to do!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment