Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Friday, May 19, 2017

2017 miles Day 138

An excerpt from the book "Wanna Know a Truth" by Tony Garcia.

I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.  I can choose which it shall be.  
I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
~Groucho Marx

Here are some simple observations to help you go get today:
  1. When you're standing tall, reach higher.
  2. Falling down happens.  Staying down is a choice.
  3. Everyone gets weary.  Everyone breaks.  It is not a sign of weakness but of  humanness.
  4. When you fall down, get back up.  Every time.
  5. When the weight getts too heavy, it's OK to put it down.
  6. When obstacles appear in your way, jump with both feet.
  7. Some obstacles you'll have to overcome more than once.  That's OK.  Been there.  Done that.  You can do it again.
  8. If you feel yourself coming a little undone, take a moment, tuck yourself in, and then start again.
  9. A challenge, by its very nature, is meant to be difficult.  Life is a challenge.
  10. You are never alone.  Others understand what you are going through.  Call upon them.
************************

If you like the words of Tony Garcia, you can purchase his book on Amazon.  (click on the book)  It's one of the most inspirational, insightful books I have read. Tony's words certainly give a person pause to think about things that really matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment