Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Tuesday, May 30, 2017

2017 miles Day 149

Yesterday I reached 705 miles of my run the year 2017 goal.  I will have to average 42 miles/week to achieve my goal.  My best week this year is 50 miles.  I can do this. Yesterday I ran a good solid 8 miles at just below a 10 min mile pace.  At the beginning of the year, my average was around an 11 min mile pace.  I feel stronger.  I feel the positive change in my mental attitude.  What is the source of this change in Me?  It is Me.

Over the past five months I've been focusing on exercising My trinity; body, mind, soul, and it has made a difference.  Every morning I look in the mirror and have a conversation with Me.  I ask "What do I get to do today?"  "How can You be great today?"  "What will you do differently today that will make You a better You?"  These conversations, even just the quick - "Hi, how ya doin" ones have made a difference in how I feel, how I view Myself, how I view My world.

Continue to stay hydrated and make smart beverage choices, eat real food, and do something for You today.

Now, GET OUT THERE, You have work to do!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment