Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Tuesday, June 20, 2017

2017 Miles Day 169

Today is June 20.  The last day of spring, and the time of the Summer Solstice.  Actually, the solstice is not based on a calendar date, but the timing of when the Sun is at it northern most point from the equator.  I found a very interesting article on this subject.


This website is really pretty great.  A lot of very interesting information.  Enjoy!!!

As of today, I will have to run 6.5 miles per day to achieve my year goal of running the year of 2017 miles.  This is still not out of my realm of reality.  What will it take to achieve this goal?  It will take discipline.  It will take making smart choices instead of falling into old traps.  It will take commitment to a journey that I started January 1st.  It will take commitment to lacing up those shoes and putting in extra miles on days that I can.  I will do this!!!  I will not fail!!!  I will not sabotage my goal!!!

Strategy:  Set a mile goal for the week.  Chunk it up into the 7 days.  Keep in mind that plans may change.  Make adjustments.  Some days may call for 2 runs.  Don't just try to stick to the plan - DO!!!

Plan for June 18 - 24  (34 miles)
June 18:  4 miles 
June 19: 6 miles
June 20: 12 miles 
June 21:  6 miles early then travel to Albuquerque
June 22:  Albuquerque (at least 2)
June 23:  Albuquerque (at least 2)
June 24:  Albuquerque (at least 2)

Now, GET OUT THERE:  You have work to do!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment