Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Monday, June 19, 2017

2017 miles Day 168

This is going to be a very busy week.  We are going to Albuquerque, NM for the National LWML Convention, leaving Wed. and coming back Sunday.  I am the banquet centerpiece director and  responsible for constructing, shipping and setting up 200 centerpieces for this event.  Also, the designer of the stage front.  Oh my.  I will say it was fun, but it really took a lot out of me.  I am anxious that the pieces made it to their destination and there aren't too many that were broken.  I am anxious that we have enough time to set the pieces on the table.  I am anxious that the stage front isn't going to turn out the way I have it visioned in my head.  I am anxious ...  and then I stop and realize that I am not doing this alone.  I am not the only I in this thing - there is a team of We.

I realize that it it often tough for me to let it go and trust in the abilities of others.  I like to have control.  I like to do things my way.  I'm learning that I need to let every situation be what it is instead of what I want or think it should be.

Today and tomorrow are going to be Make Sure days.  Make Sure my lists of things to bring are complete.  Make Sure necessary items are packed.  Make Sure the garden is well watered and weeded. Make Sure I take time to go for a run every day.  Make Sure .................... to let go and let others.

Now, GET OUT THERE, You have work to do!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment