Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Monday, June 12, 2017

2017 miles Day 161

I decided to title my latest painting "Awakening".

This is a painting of a woman in her "Red Sundress".  The sky and the sea are dark after a long stormy night, but the sun rises between them - separating the darkness and offering hope.  The red dress, as in the first painting of the woman in the red sundress, is her Courage.  As the sun rises, she knows she can face life with confidence.  The night is past.  Today is a new day.  She has an awakening, a spiritual epiphany, a lighting of the fire in her heart that she knows was always there, but was afraid.  Now with confidence she faces the sunrise, a new beginning.  She is a strong woman able to face the challenges of life.  There will be other storms, but she has her red sundress and will put it on and face them. 

There's a lot of work to do today - so better GET OUT THERE!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment