Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Wednesday, June 7, 2017

2017 miles Day 157

Today's message from Tony Garcia posted on Facebook this morning:

This. An open letter.
Dear You,
I heard you say, "I have so many excuses".
You have not a list of excuses. You have a number of obstacles.
Still needing to be overcome. Still waiting for you to rise above. Still chances to grow stronger. Still just another part of living.
I heard you say, "I am so very tired".
You have not given up. You have a reason to rest.
Still, you must get up. Still, you will rise again. Still, you cannot remain here. Still, there is work to be done.
I heard you say, "I feel like I have failed".
You have not failed. You have learned lessons.
Still, it may feel like failure. Still, it may require starting over. Still, it may be frustrating. Still, it is not failing if you try again.
I heard you say, "I have lost all heart".
You have not lost heart. You have a heart.
Still beating. Still capable of falling in love. Still fighting for you. Still doing the work of living.
How then do you overcome all that I have heard you say?
You simply say, "Still, I am worth it".

*********************************************

Sometimes I forget that I am worth something.  
Today is a reset the button day and remember the many blessings I have.  


No comments:

Post a Comment