Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Tuesday, November 14, 2017

2017 miles Day 318

I haven't posted in several days.  It's not that I've been super busy, or out of touch with the world.  Just taking a little break from writing.  And, I guess that's not a bad thing.  

Tony Garcia posted these two pieces yesterday and today - very share worthy.  

Turn Down the Noise
The white noise in my life
The endless chatter of my fears
Filling the chambers of my mind 
Keeping me from spreading my wings



The white noise in my life
The constant drone of my excuses
Whispering "you cannot" in my ears
Keeping me trapped where I am

The white noise in my life
The echoes of my past
Calling out failures and regrets
Keeping me looking over my shoulder

The white noise in my life
The doubts of false friends
Hoping to see me stumble and fall
Keeping me hesitant of step

The white noise in my life
Keeping me from hearing
The whispers from my heart
But one thing left to do
Turn down the noise. ~G




This. A whisper from my heart.
The Noise: An Epilogue
The noise wants you to believe the risk is too high, the danger too great.
The noise wants you to conjure up all the reasons why you should not, all that could go wrong.
The noise wants you to turn butterflies into demons, dragons you cannot slay.
The noise wants you to imagine the impossibilities, the "this is not meant for you".
The noise wants you to fear the fall, to be afraid of your wings.
The noise wants you to never try, never seek, never dare.
The noise wants you not to move, so you never feel your chains.
But when you shut out the noise, you will hear the sound of your heart simply whisper, "Launch yourself". ~G

*****************

It has been my dream to pursue a career in art beyond the walls of my own house. Reading Tony's book Wanna Know a Truth, and posts that will be included in his second book - especially "The Noise" has given me the courage to launch. I've been afraid of the "toos" in my life - too late, too old, too little time, too little talent, too afraid of rejection, too many other great artists to compete with, too judgmental, too....... much noise. Today I am turning off the noise, listening to my heart, and launching myself into the uncharted waters of my dream. (as a post script - I am submitting a couple of paintings for consideration for the Art on Loan program to the offices of U.S. Colorado Senators Cory Gardner and Michael Bennet - it's a start)


No comments:

Post a Comment