Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Wednesday, August 30, 2017

2017 miles Day 240

Today is Wednesday, and I get to sub again today for the Spanish teacher.  It's a bit out of my comfort zone, but I realize that I actually don't need to know everything about the subject matter in order to do my job, and make a small difference in the lives of students.  I know very little Spanish, but I do know students.  My goal today is to touch the heart of at least one of the students, to make them feel important, to make them feel like they are valued.  My job today is not to teach them Spanish, but to teach them a bit more about what it means to be human.

Now, I better get to work....  My students are ready!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment