Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tomorrow is the First Day of March

Tomorrow is the first day of March. This past week, temperatures were hovering in the upper 30s to mid 40s. Doesn't look like it will get much above 30 today. Looking at the garden on this foggy, frosty morning I can't imagine that anything would venture to peek out.



Yet, there amoung the dead leaves of last summer's glory is the beginning of life in the garden.


Daffodils venture out, braving icy wind and snow. Undaunted by possibilities of frosted leaves, they push upward from still partially frozen ground.


Daffodils symbolize rebirth and new beginnings. They are a signal of spring. To me they represent hope and perseverance in the face of adversity.

For more information about daffodils check out The American Daffodil Society's website: www.daffodilusa.org

No comments:

Post a Comment