Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Class Plant Project

For the past couple years my students grew wave petunias for sale as a money making project. This year they are also growing geraniums, double petunias, tomatoes and peppers.

Geraniums are just starting to peek through the soil.


Tiny petunia plant


Keeping the tiny plants watered and happy. A growlight on a track provides adequate light for the growing seedlings. Light is a germination requirement for petunias.


Started petunias and geranium seeds February 9th. They are just starting to germinate. The petunias need light for germination so the challenge is to keep the soil moist. A clear plastic cover does the trick and still allows light to get through. Right now, the seedlings look like tiny leaves perched on hairs. Amazing that in just another month they will actually look like plants and by mid summer, they will spread to a diameter of about 3-4 feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment