Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Spring is Just Around the Corner?

Thought I smelled a hint of spring in the air last week, but had about a foot of snow over the weekend. So far it's staying in place - a beautiful crystal blanket covering the garden. Temps are still dropping into the teens, day temps are hovering in the upper 30s to lower 40s.






Last fall I mulched the roses using shredded cardboard and wrapped them in burlap. I can't wait to find out if this helps with cane dessication that occurs due to temperature fluctuations and extreme cold winds.

No comments:

Post a Comment